RE: Mallory distributors

Steve Stegman wrote:
>The Mallory should cost only about $150.  If you get one of the new ones
be sure to tell them what kind of dist you now have as it makes a
difference how the gear fits the shaft.  You will use your old gear.<

Steve,

  My understanding is they only make one size of shaft for their IH
distributor, it's .491" diameter.   You have to have a gear that came off
of an IH dist with a .491" shaft.  My spare distributor has a  .491" shaft,
so that's the gear  I'll use.

Doug  (still waiting for my Mallory)