Date: Thu, 26 Feb 98 15:25:35 EDT
From: "Joe Costanzo" <joe_costanzo@domain.elided>
Subject: IHC in another movie

     I would imagine that by now almost everyone has seen Jurassic Park?
     If you look closely in the scene toward the end when the raptors are
     chasing the people inside the building on the island you can see, if
     only in silhouette, what I do believe to be a Travelall.  I did a
     couple rewinds, and one of the clues is that the hood is ajar, and you
     can see that it opens the way we're all familiar with.

     Can anyone confirm this?

     Joe C.
     '79 Scout 2, 4" 'uglier' now.

------------------------------

Rich,

     Try this in your driveway first.  Push down on the front corners of the
truck and begin to oscillate like pushing a child on a swing, so that you
INCREASE the amplitude (height) of every oscillation.  Make them as big as you
can, up and down, like the low rider competitions, then let go and stand back.
It's probably easier to let go after a down stroke, but when you do, it should
go down, up, then stop.  It's considered 1 and 1/2 cycles, really it's only 3/4.
 But if it keeps bouncing, bad shocks.  Uusually this bouncing is caused on the
freeway by tractor trailers with out of balance tires wearing the road, and bad
joints in the pavement, and you happen to be lucky enough to have the golden
wheelbase to see them.  With another car it may be fine, but the T'all may be
just right, like the child on a swing for the pushes.  Try this pushing up and
down with the back too.  Remember that most manufacturers recommend 30-40K mi
for a pair of shocks.  Always replace them in pairs, front or rear, and pick
TRUCK shocks, as the car ones blow out from the forces.  A passenger car barely
loads 2000 lb on a cycle, while your T'all may load close to 4000.

     Shocks shouldn't be more than about $25 apiece, unless you want REAL GOOD
ones.  Then they go up to like Bilstiens that are close to $300 apiece.  Your
call.
     Good luck,

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.