Re: ihc-digest V5 #214

> >After the engine is completely warmed up and the choke is fully opened, it
> >idles smoothly in park or neutral.  It is set correctly, per the manual,
> >but as soon as I put it in gear it chugs and does not idle.  I have to
> >constantly pump the gas pedal at every stop on my way to work.  What could
> >cause this?  I really want to get back to driving my Scout everyday, but
> >this problem is really frustrating.

I have this problem in my Travelall, it is cause I am in too much of a
hurry and I tend to open the choke up before it is really all warmed up.

My advice is to let it warm up more before you push open the choke all the
way.  I tend to slowly push it in as I drive and when I start to see the
temp guage move I then push it in all the way.  That usually does it for
me.

Hope that helps,
Luke