re: Altitude records

On one long day I took my Travelall over 500 miles over the entire
Estees Mountains and over the top of Pikes Peak (14k).  I had seven
people inside.  This is before I began to make it more reliable, so
it had a very old radiator, old springs, etc.

It did great.  A trifle slow climbing Pikes Peak (especially with 1000
lbs of flesh inside), but everytime I go that way I always seem to
pass brand new Suburbans that have overheated at about 9k altitude.

Ken Farmer
1980 Scout II
1974 Travelall