Re: Sand running

>I am somewhat concerned about the relatively small (31x10.5x15
>BFG ATs) tires on the Suburban while running in sand. I expect I will
>have to be very carefull where I stop in order to get started again.

"Air down" your tires to 8 to 12 psi (I give you the latitude because
many people can't bring themselves to let their tires down to 8 psi) and
then my guess is that your only worry will be getting hung up on your
differentials. I'm particularly good at this advice because I've so often
waited until I get stuck, to air down. Airing down is relatively useless
once you've dug holes deep enough that your vehicle is sitting on its
running gear.
Have a great time. Last and only time I was at Padre Island I found a
full untouched bale of marijuana. Having no use for it, I cut it open and
dumped the pot into the ocean. Too bad that someone who could use it
didn't find it.
Yes, that's a true story! I couldn't make up a story that crazy.
John Hofstetter