I just got done driveingmy Travelall :)

Yep :)

	I stuck the new starter in, and I started craking it (and man it
even sounds better - a nice quick hum from the starter insted of the old
churrning it used to make when it worked :)

	But it still didn't start....  So I start to take deep breaths -
slowly inhaleing and exhaleing.  then I look under the hood and trace
wireing and see that the wires that go on to the positive side of the coil
is broken.  Hmm, it looks like this has been fixed before with electerical
tape.  Well i got some connectors and stuff and I fix 'em real good and go
to cranking on the starter (man it sounds nice :)  And after a few seconds
it starts to chug and finally a slight adjusting of the my manual carb and
VVVRRROOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

	I let it warm up as I pick up my tools, and I go for a nice 20
some odd second spin until I run butt out off gas :)  So I get the can out
and get some gas and pour it in there and add a few drops into the carb so
to not have to crank for a hour.  And Vrrrooommm, it is running and I am
on my way for a nice drive to teh gas station - where I get more gas and
go on a leasurely drive :)  All is good in IH land (at least here that is)

	Things I have learned:

	It is a LOT easier to work on the starter if you take the tire off
so you have a nice look at it.  I took the starter off with the tire on.

	It is even easier on you of you take the heat shield off too.

	And the tailpipe from the mainfold (it really was blocking my way)

	Hell jack the vehicle up so you can lay under there real
confterable (I think this goes with takeing the tire off)

	After starting the car and making sure all works, don't try to put
the heat shield back on with the battery all hooked up (I got shocked, I
know - dawrinism in action :)

	And most important, Keep your reciept cause my starter was FREE :)

	Thanks to all who replied.  it turned out that I had 2 problems -
1) a jingly starter (I was asked if I dropped it)
2) no power to the coil (broken wires)

now I am going to take a hot bath and dream of driveing my IH :)  *yeah,
that is what I will dream about ;)

	Luke