Re: Batteries made by Johnson Controls

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 hofs@domain.elided wrote:

> I was asked off line about where to buy a battery made by Johnson
> Controls and didn't have any good specific answer. Since then I've
> been to Johnson's web site and can give anyone who is interested some
> info.  Johnson makes batteries under the names: Interstate, Duralast,
> Equalizer, Power Connection, Eveready, Motorcraft, and Energizer

Costco sells Eveready batteries at very good prices.

> Oh well, when future battery problems come up, I won't take so much
> digest space and just refer the questioner to Johnson's web site. I
> bet you all hope that's true as you probably don't want to hear any
> more from me about batteries.

Actually, I for one was glad to get all the info.  No bandwidth waste
there.  I had no idea of the inverse relationship between CCA and
durability before.  Now when I go to a 2 or 3 battery system I'll get
batteries with a lower CCA rating, instead of the highest I can find
like I've always done before.

btw, if anyone's interested, Johnson Controls' website is at
http://www.johnsoncontrols.com .

Daniel Youngquist / dany@domain.elided / 541-688-9263 // VISA & MasterCard
*HOMESTEAD PRODUCTS                    http://www.teleport.com/~dany/mill
 Grain mills, water filters, quality simple-lifestyle & outdoors products
*INTERNET MEMORY EXCHANGE  Computer Memory  http://www.teleport.com/~dany
"'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.  It is
 the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt, 1783