No Subject

>That said, any IH 4cyl or V8 (watch out for a few AMC 401s in the 70s
>light-line trucks) will bolt up to any other.
>
>Am I just confusing folks?  :-)

Not sure about the that;).

The important difference to remember is that Scout 80/800's use tranny's
with a much shorter input shaft than the light trucks(I'll not speak for
Scout II's since I don't own one except in pieces). Thus the difference in
bellhousings. If we're talking about a 4x4 with a siamese mounted transfer,
interchange of the 2 styles is not possible without t-case relocation and
probably clutch linkage and shifter mod's.

Jim