ST518,ST292.and NP205

>Date:    	Sat, Feb 21, 1998  8:54 AM
   >
   >>Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 19:02:56 -0800
   >>From: "Allan Weidenheimer" <allanw@domain.elided>
   >>Subject: IHC Bearings
   >>
   >>I've noticed in my IHC parts manual, many times bearings
   >>have part numbers like "ST292", and "ST518".  These are items like
   >>the pilot bearing, NP205 x-case output bearing, etc.
   >>I think I read that the 'ST' denotes a standard bearing, but
   >>these are not bearing numbers.  Does anyone have a cross
   >>reference that converts these ST numbers to Timken,
   >>Torrington, NDK, etc. numbers?
   >>
   >>Allan Weidenheimer
   >>72 1210 pickup

Allan,
I did a little research on your bearings tonight and here's what I came up
with.
ST518 is a single row, conrad type, 2 seals. and a wide race.
The dimensions are:
  .9843 in.  25 mm    I.D.
2.0473 in.   52 mm   O.D.
  .6594 in.   15.88 mm W.

There are 189 listings for a bearing this size.  All are the same size on the
outside, The major differences are  proprietary.  (meaning ball size, spacing,
fit, and caging)
here are a few of the major manufactors and thier numbers.
Fafnir    205KLL2
            205RR2
            6205 FF
Fag      200001
            20000188505
            200001A
            200001A88505
            88505
C/R aka SKF  6205FF
                     88505
                     BR88505
                     G88505
Napa  88505
Nice   88505
IHC     ST518
           180302C91
           189015C91

ST292   Approx. 280 listing's for this one.  13 are IHC #'s
Single row, Conrad type, Groove(?), and  larger balls.

1.3780 in  35mm  I.D.
3.1496 in  80 mm O.D.
  .8268 in  21 mm  W.

Fafnir   307KG
           6307SG
           6307SR
Fag     335K
           6307N
           6307NR
Federal 1307 CG
            1307GAA
NAPA  307L
           307L1
           307L01
SKF    307L1
           6307N
           6307NJ
           170273
IHC      13 listings
            st292
            st531
            6307NR
            +++++++

NP205 This one was tricky, it was listed as the NP as a prefix and a suffix.
One is an open bearing like would be used inside a gearbox.The other is
sealed.  There are over a thousand listings in this size.
Single row,Conrad type, sealed or open.
   .9843 in  25mm I.D.
 2.0473 in  52mm O.D.
   .5906 in  15mm W.