how to connect msd to scout distributer

>scout II with electronic ignition. it doesnt work! i followed the mfg.
wiring dia. concerning the magnetic pickup distributor. i did not use the
gold box,
is this where i went wrong, because the schematic doesnt show the gold box.

Since I don't have that kind of distributor in my IHCs I will have to go
with how I hooked up to my Datsun distributor with the magnetic pickup.

Are you using the MSD magnetic trigger hookup?  This is the pigtail that
comes out of the opposite end (talking 6A) of the unit as the 4 wires.  The
pigtail has a female plug on the end.  You use the long cable that came
with the unit to attach to the magnetic tirgger plug and the other end goes
to two of the wires from the magnetic pickup in the distributor.
Disconnect the wires from the distributor from their original connections.

It is important to make sure you have the correct polarity.  It should run
in either polarity, but one way will give you more advance.  The connection
that gives the least advance is the correct one.

I really like using the magnetic trigger on the MSD.

Mike