	Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 01:45:23 +0000
	From: gehl@domain.elided
	Subject: '73 Scout2 Title and ID Wanted Please

	Hello,
	I am seeking a '73 Scout2 title and ID plate.  I asked of this
	a while back with no luck so I'll be brief.  My first Scout
	experience was in a '73 ... I can still recall the moment.

	My current Scout2 is a hybrid of several years and I would like
	to again drive a '73 ... if only in title, ID and, of course,
spirit.

	Might you have a title from a '73 parts Scout leftover?
	Mark

	You wouldn't happen to be in California by any chance?  Be
careful when doing such a change here.  On January 1, it became way to
easy to register '73 and older vehicles.  I would hate for someone to
get caught manipulating the title of a vehicle and giving the state an
example to show us why they need to repeal the latest SMOG laws.  The
change however, is not a bad idea.

	If you do this remember that the emissions stickers in the
engine compartment ID the year of the vehicle as well as a sticker in
the driver door jam and I believe a number stamped into the chassis
someplace.