Flammable lining....

All the talk about the linings being flammable or not... Got me involved
here..
I was a plastics engineer for a few years.. and specifically I dealt with a
lot of flammability issues...  What we need to do is find out what kind of
material they are using...
Specifically that Brand and grade.. or see if they can tell you the UL
rating for the material...
UL-94 V0, UL-94 V1, or UL-94 V2 all are flame retardant...
If some one can find out some information I'll be able to tell or look up
the rating...
And tell everyone what this means in real English....
But considering the way the law works I doubt that they would use something
that burns...
Just like carpet.. they can't use carpet that would burn...
The real test is to hold a piece about a inch above a flame (preferably
something like a Bunsen burner, But a match will do).
The plastic should melt and even give off a little smoke... But when you
remove the match or flame the plastic shouldn't continue to burn... that is
how they test flammability..
Roughly...

Hope this helps...

Jeff Bade
Chicago, IL
1980 Scout ][, 304, 727, D300, 3" body, 4" spring, SS][ converted