manuals

Mark,
   I have the 78-80 manual. It does have more of the later emmisions and
covers the CA carb in detail. But, now I have this 71 and find that it
doesn't cover the early carbs such as my 2300.  I had thought that a
later model book would cover every thing but I guess not. One of these
days I'll have to get the 70-71 book from Scott. As to Hanes books; I've
never liked any Hanes repair book for any vehicle I've ever worked on. I
have the Chilton big book for trucks and vans for 70-78 and 79-84. These
cover Scouts, pick-ups, Travelalls, ect. I find them to be very helpful
they are only about $20 and cover all the major systems.
   By the way; Big Brother can take my International when they pry the
sterring wheel from my cold dead fingers. I still like the Idea of a IHC
cult in Montana. If these Enviromentalist wackos get any worst with
emmision standards we just might have to do that.

                       Dan Nees
              cookiedan@domain.elided
The only thing more addictive than International Harvester Vehicles is
Cocaine, but; only one is a legal substance.