Pissed off pet peave ! Recycling

IH all,

I may not have all the details yet, but that has never stopped me
before.  I read the 4 wheeler article on rebuilding your alternator, and
I said "I can do that".  Called around today to get the price of a
rebuild kit and no one had one; they could look up the parts (front and
rear bearing, voltage regulator, diode, not including the rectifier) and
they came out to over $60!!!  I can buy 2 rebuilt alternators for that
price.  It seems to me that this is really wasteful  (where the hell are
the environmentalists and the recyclers for this).  I know most times
parts are more expensive that the whole. (that doesn't make me feel any
better though).  Well I just thought I would blow off some steam.  Now
I'm off to buy a rebuilt alternator to strip down for parts.   .......
Very silly.

Epp
74 Scout II
76 Terra
78 Traveler (parts is parts)
75 Travelall (parts for sale or whole thing)
75 Travelall another one (parts for sale or whole thing)
Member ScouTenn
"The end does not justify the means"