freeze plug help....

HELP!!!!

This weekend, I pulled a quickly disintegrating freeze plug
out of the intake manifold of my model 80. The engine is the
152 4 banger...

I took the old freeze plug down to the local Kragen, where
they matched it up to a 1 3/8" new one. Took the new one home,
and it is just a smidge too big. When I try to pound it in,
the sides of the plug start to slice and roll up at the edge
of the manifold...

Question, do they make a 1 23/64" or a 1 11/32" freeze plug?
I have been to Pep Boys and NAPA, and neither had a listing
for those sizes (although they did have other ones in 32ths
and 64ths of an inch)...

Thanks in advance,

John Townley
65 Scout 80