Clutch Fan Part #'s

Darrel Kline
Colorado Springs, CO
wrote:"...Does anyone
have a part # for the clutch fan? " as well as other assorted tid-bits.

Darrel,
I don't know if this will help, or if this is too late(I have been real
behind in the digest lately) but I have had problems with my clutch fan,
specifically, the clutch is shot!  I am able to stop the fan with my hand,
with the engine running, or to hold onto the fan and crank up the engine.
Don't ask me how I got the balls to do that the first time.  Anyway, I had
looked everywhere to find a fan/clutch assembly or flex fan that would fit
onto my water pump, guess what, no go!  Finally, a few helpful folks told
me to just change the water pump then put a flex fan on.  Anyway, to my
point.  I don't know what year Scout you have, but I called a place in
Renton(or might have been Tacoma) , Washington, and maybe Owen Minor will
know more about this place, but it is I think an IHC joint.  Has some
original parts.  I called, and for the clutch fan assemply, was $215.  That
is for a 1976 Scout II, a tad too expensive for me, but I am sure if you
can't find the part # anywhere else, they would have it.  Hope it helps.

Jim Coyle
'76 Scout II
345v8/tf727

P.S.  If anyone on the digest has suggestions, or better yet, parts I need
let me know!  I am looking for either an entire body, or a tub for a '76
Scout, or something that will look the same, and fit my undercarriage.  My
bed, bed supports, and cab mounts are rusted out, nearly completely and
need to replace, repair them, HELP!!! Please!  Thanks all