tera roof

Epp wrote:
>IH all,
>How do you prep, prepare, and paint a fiberglass roof for a Terra?

In order to get paint to stick you will have to rough up the surface, which
means sanding. A palm sander does a nice job. I would use 180 or 220 grit
sandpaper. After sanding use something like Dupont Prep-Sol to wash the roof
down to make sure you don't have anything on the surface that would cause
fisheyes. If I was doing it I would then apply 2 or 3 coats of primer/sealer
to insure a surface that is even and which is also a base to help the paint
stick. Hand sand this with a sandpaper in the range of 360 grit. Wipe it
down with a tack cloth, blow it off and you are ready for paint. If you
don't prep the surface you will probably have paint flaking off the first
time you get good water pressure on it. Just my 2 cents.

Regards

Garry