replacing gears in dana 44

Looks like I'm going to be replacing the gears and carrier in a closed
knuckle dana 44, is there a FAQ somewhere about this? Any suggestions? I
know how to do it on a rear axle, but how do you withdraw the axle
shafts on a front axle? Also, anyone interested in the old gears and
carrier, 3.92 (47:12). I found a 4x4 junkyard in Victor,MT that
specializes in axles, he gave me a price of $125 for 3.07s and carrier,
is this a good deal?
Eric