Re: Hub Problem

Ckhansen@domain.elided wrote
> I have a 76 Scout with a 345 motor.  I have a grinding noise from my
> right front hub.  Having never rebuilt a hub before, I'm wondering
> just how difficult a job it is?  Are parts difficult?  Thanks for
> the help.

Chris,

It may not be "rebuildable", you may have also ground up your wheel
bearings. - I just put in the Warn Premium Hubs and it was easy, you'll
need different length bolts if you go from the auto hubs to the manual.
I used the needle tip for my gease gun to sneak grease in between the
rooler bearings and I put a *little* more grease on the moving parts of
the hub itself.

Rob Kasper
79 Scout El Ninomobile (no top)
74 PickUp