Question about Trannies...

     This past weekend I saw (and picked up, Thanks Mark) some
parts from a 1970 1210 3/4T pickup/flatbed.  The engine was the
PowerThrift Six, but it had an automatic on it that had these
three vents behind the torque convertor.  one up top,and one on
either side.  I've seen a few 727s out, and they don't look
anything like this.  Also the bolt pattern looked smaller than
the 727.

Big Q:  What the heck kind of tranny is it, and should I Maybe
put that in where my 727 is now in my '75 150 4wd Travelall?

     My guess is that the PowerThrift is the I-6 258, but was
there a different automatic behind it?

Thanks one and all,

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.

P.S.  There are about 8 wheels with the 8 lug pattern, all with
tires, and most with air!  A few look like split rims.  Anyone
interested?  I S'pose I could haul that stuff out to Tulare.
Maybe I should rent a U-haul?