Electronic Prestolite Distributor Wiring

Could someone with a late model Prestolite electronic distributor tell me how
the three wires are supposed to be hooked up?  There's a black, red, and white
wire coming from the distributor.  I'm guessing the black wire is connected to
the ignition switch, the white to the negative coil terminal and the red to
the positive coil terminal???

Thanks,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)