4x4 conversion-on the road again!!

I just wanted to share that I finally completed (sort of) the
conversion of my 72 pickup to 4 wheel drive.  This project has
been a long time in the works.  It started in March 1996 when I
found a 73 3/4 ton 4x4 chassis for sale.  When I started to really
check out what I bought, I found it had been worked hard and put
away wet.  But I fixed the front axle, the transfer case, drivelines, etc.,
and got them in shape.  Then about Mid December 97, I pulled my truck
apart and started installing things.  I finally finished today and drove it
some.  That's almost 2 years to complete!

I still need to swap the front springs though.  4x4 pickups
have SHORTER spings than the 2 wheel drive trucks.  The shorter spring
will give my axle less caster, it has too much right now, which makes
for too much driveline angle and it is too hard to turn (it really wants
to go straight).

Anyone else out there working on a long term project, don't lose site
of you goal and give up mid project.  When you finish, the feeling will
be worth it.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 4x4 Pickup, Automatic, soon to be T-34 5 Speed