Extended Brake Lines

Well, since the Skyjacker brake lines were NOT DOT approved, and spendy at
that...

I've pulled up the following from my archives by Tom Reed:

>Tom,
>The Bendix part number is 77079, I don't know what the application is. I
>researched this with an old timer who owns Chucks Wheel & Brake in Santa
>Rosa, CA. Here's the stats the stock hose is 14" long the replacement is
>20" so it should be adequite for most lifts to 6". Cost was around
>$22.00. We found a hose with the ideal length for me of 18" however it
>cost $15.00 more! This was a bolt in replacement, how there are some
>differences from the stock hose as follows: The brass block that bolts
>to the rear diff using the vent bolt is a size larger (I used RTV to
>prevent leaks in and out) and the piece that clips to the frame bracket

I'm going to call NAPA and see if they have one in stock and the price...

BUT, I haven't crawled under my rear diff yet.. Tom speaks of using RTV
because the  brass block that bolts to the diff vent bolt is a size larger?

Is this a MOUNTing issue vs. a BRAKE LINE issue?  I don't think I want to
RTV-up my brake line connections.. If this is the case, would NAPA sell a
"converter" that I could use?

If it's just a mounting issue I don't feel so bad.. I think I'll go ahead
and run diff vent hose while I'm under there anyhow...

Anyone?

-Tom