The cyclindrical rubber in the shackle/spring perch.

I beleive it is called the eye bushing, ANYWAY. It won't come out!! one hour later and a couple of bloody knuckles they have not even budged. Do I need to go get a torch and melt the damn things out?  What have you guys done to get those things out? I even tried just pounding on the metal sleeve insert and it would not move! (yes, I have been soaking them)

TIA

Jeremy Jones
A few scouts
A few travelers