Re: Engine timing, Confusing or what??

Doug Rasmussen <76075.2276@domain.elided> scribbled in the sand:

>  From the other manual, (page 20, cts-2481) "The engine should idle at
>approximately 300 rpm for timing purposes".  300 rpm!!!!!!!......
[SNIP]

Doug,

I think you're confusing the section of the repair manual that gives the
procedures for checking the distributor advance "curve" on a dedicated testing
machine... *not* on a vehicle!  Remember that a distributor turns at half the
engine speed, so 300 distributor rpm would be 600 engine rpm.

That whole section is informative but not much use if you lack the expensive
testing equipment.

Take care,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)