Dual transfer cases

I've got a '64 Chevy 4x4 that may be too far gone to fix, its got the
transfer case about 1 1/2' behind the trans, connected by a short
driveshaft. This transfer case would seem ideal for a dual transfer
setup, if it has the strenth(I have no idea what kind it is).  One sort
of off the wall thought did occur to me; with a dual case setup, you
could put the second case in neutral and the first in 4hi or 4lo and use
the forward (unused) output shaft like a pto and drive a winch (or
compressor, generator, welder). It would be very strong and you could
change the speed with the trans.
Eric