Rusty fuel, and Tucson Club,

Thank you, drive through,

-----INCLUDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS-----
------------------------------
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 16:42:41 -0800
From: Spencer Lewis <lewi9526@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Re: Here is a better Idea!!!

<snip>

Spencer
------------------------------

Denni,

     The job wasn't really that messy, just a few drops on the
ground, that can be caught by almost any catch pan.  One 1/2
gallon gatorade bottle, and about 24" of fuel hose.  I guess I
made it sound worse than it was.  I was intending to show that
even the old clogged filter with the sand/rust in it was still
the same delivery,and pressure.  Good filter or good pump, it
wasn't the root problem.  I've seen it on almost every car over
10 or 15 years old.  The rust will be filtered, and the suggested
replacement is 12K on the filter.  Also how do they do it on the
newer 100K mi cars?  My friends' 66 Caddy had a glass bowl type
filter, and it was one cup of rusty sludge.  Ran like a monster
(429) after we claeaned the filter and the carb bowl.  Also you
may want to periodically open the carb top and see that the float
bowls are not collecting crap in there.  This is common as the
filter cannot always do the job.  Also if there is gunk in the
float bowl, it won't make a difference until the vehicle is
jostled pretty good (4x'ing) and that is the least favorite time
to have a sputtery or non-functional carb.

     Not really that extreme, the service is really a piece of
cake.  The filter stuff took about 20 min.

Good luck,

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not
forgotten.