RE: Mallory distibutors

Steve Stegman wrote,
>Call Dave Forbes (cust service) at Mallory in Carson City Nevada.  His
phone is
  (702) 882-6600

Be sure to tell him what year your engine was made, and what brand the
distributor is.  The brand is important because they all fit the same
engine block, but the way the gear fits on the shaft is different!!!

You will need to use the same gear, so they have to know.

He said he'll sell the distributor directly for the same price as Summit
would charge.  Seems to me it is around $150. (mine is dual points version)

Good luck and let me know how it goes.<

Steve S.
  I called Mallory, (Dave Forbes quit, I talked to Dennis).  He confirmed what you said.  Dual point, vacuum unit is $147+/-, model 27-61701.  They won't sell direct,  he said  buy from Summit.
  Instructions are includedd to install the old IH  drive gear.
  Specs: 24 deg total mechanical advance,  straight line advance curve starting at 1000 rpm, full advance at 3200.   My IHC manual shows stock distributor advance curve kicks in at 400 rpm with full 15-17 deg at 2000 rpm.  Quite a bit different....
 The vacuum advance is ADJUSTABLE!!  They don't publish the fact that the vacuum is adjustable because it's against the law in California and elsewhere to adjust it.
Thanks,  Doug