Shifter Boot for Traveler

Mark:

The shifter boot in my '76 Terra got badly torn. In the hot summer,
enough engine heated air would flow in to make the cab unlivable. I
couldn't find a specific boot either but finally took the old one out
and down to the local "speed shop".

I compared the old on to a few Hurst boots for 4 speeds on the wall and
finally took the one that was slightly larger than my stock boot. It was
also a real heavy guage rubber material.

This worked well for about five years. Now, it has a small tear in the
top and that warm air is coming in again. Those 105* days are only a few
months away.

You can do the same thing for a quick, cheap fix. But, if you find
something more flexible and durable, let me know.

Tom Harais
'76 Terra 304/727/20