T'Quad mixture screws

Nick,

     I run mine on the 392 T'all at about 4 1/2 turns out.  I go in to 4 for the
emissions (runs a little fast), and then out to 5 sometime if she's running lean
due to fuel additives, etc.

     I also seem to be having trouble with my secondaries!  PLEASE ASSIST!
It appears that when I accelerate, it comes up just fine, until I get to the
throttle setting where it starts to open the secondaries.  When the 2's open the
motor bogs, and feel like it's only hitting on 4 or 5 cyls.  It does not
accelerate, nor decelerate, just maintains speed, but it sure is annoying
because I have to wait *FOREVER* to pul out in traffic, else people plow me.

     So the word from the other gear-heads at work here,(none of them ever
worked in a shop so their diagnoses are somewhat dealer oriented), is that the
fuel supply is low.  I'm gonna throw in a fuel filter just because, (it's an
inline between the fuel pump and the carb) and measure the output pressure
before and after the swap.  Maybe that's it?  It would seem that if the bowl is
full that it should pull till it drains, no?  I know that when I've had a low
float, the surges from the fuel pump can be felt, not the same here.  Is the
fuel pump a standard f@^d or a Ch@%y?  I hope the filter's the cause, since this
thing just happened over the space of 4 days.  Total degradation in accelerative
properties.  I s'pose that my mileage will go up now that the secondaries aren't
using, but I *liked* the acceleration of 392 cubes.

     Any info appreciated,

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.