RE: Mallory distributors

>  There's been some mention of Mallory distributors for IH en> gines here o=
> the digest.   Who sells them?  and how much? =

>  My 304 with Schnieder cam, Jacobs ignition, headers and Holley 500 cfm =
>is
>turning out to be a screamer.  Since it's no longer the clunky truck engi=
>ne
>I started with, I decided to have the distributor advance recurved for mo=
>re
>performance.  But, at $50+, I thought why not just replace whole
>distributor with one that is probably more performance oriented out of th=
>box?
>  So, anyone know where to get one?

> Doug

Doug,

I am not sure about prices, but I got tune-up parts for my
mallory at "The Supershops" here in San Diego. I know that
they also sell new distributors.

Also, I have a phone number for Mallory, and their technical
help line was very helpful. All I had was a part number for
the distributor, and they provided me with the part numbers
for the tune-up parts, and directed me to the Supershops.

I will see if I can dig up that phone number for you if you
want it...

John Townley
San Diego, CA
65 Scout 80