Oh, wait.. another senseless post

Sorry, but another bizarre thought came across me again...

One day I was pondering the Hummer's CTS (Central Tire inflation System)..
and how one could replicate it on a Scout.. it's hard to do, since the
Hummer uses those funky wheels (full IFS) to do the CTS part but..

Then I discovered the wonderful Swivel-attachments in the air compressor
cabinet at the local ACE...

So I'm wondering, I'm out 4wheeling, and I've just punctured my second tire
(assuming I only carry one spare), and I now have 3 good tires and one
leaking fourth..

So I run an air hose from my trusty on-board compressor, through a pressure
regulator set at.. 30psi.  I run this to that full-circle swivel (will they
go 'round and 'round all day long?).

I then run the other side of the swivel to a short hose, and then clamp it
down (they call those a safety air chuck) to the valve on my leakin' tire.

Maybe fabricate a "hanger" from.. oh, one of those old coat-hangers you
carry around for "some emergency" such that it attaches to the fender, and
hangs Out in a bow, and you affix the compressor side of the swivel to it.
This keeps the whole swivel out and away from the tire, but allows the
"tire" side of the swivel to rotate round 'n round with the tire.

And with the regulator set at 30psi, you're tire should stay aired up 'till
you get back to civilization and a tire repair shop.

Yes it's corny, and goofy, and probably way-out there (Dreamin' again),
but.. I think it would work!

No, I don't plan on doing this as a permant thing on all four tires...
though it'd be kinda nice, it would certainly be very aesthetically un-pleasing.

*smiles*

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT (Who else?)
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs