re: Howard's handy tips

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Paul Brakefield wrote:

> I did the hood prop trick- works like a charm, and is definitely one of
> those "why didn't I think of that" deals.  The shovel I have not tried, but
> I was thinking of ways to get my Hi-lift in the same area under the hood.
> It sure beats the bottle jack that now proudly resides in my workshop :-).

I ran out and bought a $7 shovel earlier this week.. "stock" length, I
can push it all the way down in that hole, and the handle hits the ground
(slides past the springs) before I can see if the shovel head fits as
well as Howard claimed.. :-)

Hopefully I'll get a chance to take the saw to the handle this weekend...
mebbe that'll coincide with putting my hand throttle on, and the Air
Compressor parts sitting in front of me! :)

Thanks for the great tip, Howard!

-Tom