Brake hoses

     Greetings IHers,

     I'm trying to complete the lift of my '79 Scout & I've run into a
     problem that I'm hoping somebody can shed some light on.  The brake
     hose to the front driver's side wheel:  it appears that the hose is
     connected with a flare fitting to a brass block.  This block also has
     the two other lines - one coming from the proportioning valve
     (combination valve), and the other running around to the other side of
     the truck to cover the front passenger's side wheel.  For the life of
     me, I can not disconnect this fitting from the block!  I've tried
     penetrating oil, flare wrenches, and even a torch, but I can't get it
     to move even the slightest bit in any direction.  I'm starting to
     wonder if this isn't one piece.  Any thoughts?  I'm at a loss at this
     point.

     To make it worse, we are supposed to be getting an ice storm later
     today, and my Scout is sitting in the driveway with no brakes!

     Thanks for the thoughts!

     Joe C,
     Eastern PA