A Bit Of Wheel&Tire Dribble

I read that 31x10.5 tires are max recomm without lift/body mods.
And that an 8 inch wheel is best for this tire size.  I would like to
go with 16 inch wheels/tires.  Am I nuts?  If I am not talked out
of this, what would then be the max size tire/wheel?  I am not
necessarity into wide tires ... I actually prefer a narrow track
tire, like say a 7.50.  How about Cooper Discoverer tires?
Mark
While I'm rolling along, does someone make a beefier wheel nut for
the Scout2?