RE: RE: Ramsey

winch is 12 inches deep (Warn and Ramsey REP winches are about 8 inches) and
I fear the lose of approach angle if the bumper sticks out 13 inches.

>The trick would be to keep this as high up as possible and/or >counteract
>with a lift.. :)
   Yup, one thing leads to another.

>But, mounting the winch any higher than the frame rail will start to >impede radiator flow..
Not something I was thinking about with the thermometer sitting at -10. My Scout runs 192 degrees year around, -40 to 100 degree weather, any speed, any load so I did not take that into consideration.

I like the looks of Robin Haywoods bumper (June 1997 Scouts West calendar)
as well as Steve Caldwell's (December, same calendar)

>Are you referring to the tubular pre-runner style bumpers?
No, I like the looks but want better tow hook options. Can't find anyone around here that can bend the tubing anyway.

> Somewhere on the
BinderBulletin site Bill had a reference to.. I think, MIke's Welding in theDenver area.. as I recall, Mike no longer makes the bumper, but someone*else* does..
I looked into this last summer and you are correct. Mike no longer makes the bumper but said he would have blueprints available  some time.

Willy Cunningham