wheel widths

Remember when you're measuring wheel widths, the 'spec' width is the
dimension between the bead seats. If you measure a typical aftermarket
steel wheel across the full width of the 'lips', you get a dimension that's
about 1" wider than the spec width(i.e. an 8" aftermarket rim measures
about 9" all the way across). This caused me a fair amount of confusion
'til the guy I ordered my custom steelies('64 T-all) straightened me out.

Jim