Re: Cold Natured

It's been in the mid-twenties here in Western Washington the last few
mornings
and my 345 equipped Traveler takes a painfully long time to warm up if I
just
sit there.  I'm greedy and want to warm my toes right away after
starting, so
I steal as much heat as I can from the poor engine and the warm up
process is
extended because of this.  I can only imagine how long this would take
at -10
degrees.  On cold days like this with my heater going full blast, my
engine
coolant temperature never gets much above 170 degrees with my 180 degree
thermostat.  Since I installed the Edelbrock four barrel carb and
ditched the
intake air heat riser assembly, the beast is very cold natured on these
winter
mornings until the coolant hits about 165 degrees after startup.

Have fun,

John

Hey John,
Have you looked into installing a block heater or radiator heater?  Just
plug it into a timer for about 2-3 hours before you want to leave the
house.  Your toes will thank you.

Epp