Valve Float - High Revs

FWIW,

When I was racing that Camaro, as I mentioned, I was running near 4800rpm by
the math.. no tach, but 3.73 w/ 235/75R15 tires.. speedo read around 110 or
115mph (120mph speedo), and I backed off more because I felt I should, than
because there was any noticeable complaints coming from my 55k mile 304.
(some little light came on in my head that told me to save the motor, and
let the Camaro pass.. )

I've also routinely run that same 304 near 3800rpm (85mph) on 120m road
trips to Missoula.. no complaints from it then, either.

Not that I do those things so often any more.. :)

-Tom