345/392 intakes

    Can somebody help me out???  I recently rebuilt a 345 for my 1200D 4X4.
I bought a 4 Bbl intake for it. The motor is a '70, I don't know the year of
the intake but it has a port I believe for an EGR. All I did was cover it
tight with a gasket and metal plate. Is this the right thing to do?  The
engine being a '70 didn't have one to start with, so I figured it wouldn't
hurt. Any ideas? The reason I ask is I saw something on the Binder Bulletin
(I think) homepage about 392 intakes fitting on 345 engines. BUT, if one or
the other (I can't remember which) was designed for an EGR then there will
be coolant entering the intake system. Something about the route coolant
runs through the intake. When I bought the intake I asked for a 345. Is it
only 392 intakes that do this???  Or, do later 345 intakes also do this???
How can I be sure which intake I have?  I never knew anything about it until
I saw that post. kinda worried me. My radiator is never close to the top as
far as coolant goes.  I just thought it was because my year truck doesn't
have a collant overflow tank on it, and it spits some out on the ground when
it's hot until down quite a few inches in the radiator then it seems to hold
steady. I really don't notice my truck "smoking" through the pipes. Any
advice would be aprreciated !!!
Thank -you  much,    Andrew J  lynx@domain.elided