Re: Governors on 345/392 engines...

jmbrodsky@domain.elided wrote:

>      IH all,
  How does the governor work to limit the revs at
>      3900 for the 345 and 3600 for the 392?  Is it electrical, and if
>      so, can I use it to power a tach drive?  If it's mechanical
>      how-d-hell do they do it?

There is a governor on my 1600 Loadstar, I know it was a real pain when
my brother rebuilt the carb (said it took him 6 hrs. and the rebuild kit
was super-expensive).  When I took the carb off it looked like there was
an extra vacuum line returning from the distributor, I think it sends a
vacuum signal to something on the carb that backs off the throttle. If
you want, email me and I'll give you my brother's phone number.
Eric