Re: Brake Failure light question

Terry Rust wrote:

> I wonder how you turn the darn thing off once you reseal up the brakes,
> fill and bleed, etc. The one has been on in Speedy (70 model 800) since the
> engine was out last spring and the brake lines were all replaced. It's been
> refilled, bled etc, the brakes work as well as they can but the light stays
> on. Suggestions?

You need to recenter the piston. I'm not sure of the technique for IH,
some vehicles you just create a false leak opposite where the original
leak was by cracking a bleeder valve. Others you have to remove the
plunger and contact under the wire. Chiltons has instructions in the
back in the brake unit repair section.
Eric