1) bent axle :( 2) shocks, cont'd

Thanks to those of you who responded on my axle wobble. I stuck a dial
indicator on it, and sure enough it is at least .030 off and 1/16" out of
round. So, it's obvious I've got a bent shaft. I'm picking up a used one
tomorrow, so I guess I know what I'll be doing as I nurse my hangover.

Also, on the shock thing: I forgot to mention I'm adding a 1" body lift.
The rear shocks I bought yesterday have 12.25" to 20.5" travel. The current
ones have a 16.5" spread at rest from mount to mount. Does anyone see a
reason why I couldn't use the same size with the extra inch? I'm thinking
of going with some air adjustable Hijacker shocks if that makes a
difference.

Have a great New years. I'll be checking the email time/date to see who is
sitting in front of their PC's writing to the digest at midnight instead of
partying. Then we'll know who's really hooked.               John