Re: '54 IH S-100 aka Corn Binder v. Rice Burner

>    Just before Christmas my trusty '54 IH was rearended and destroyed =
>by an evil Nissan Pickup. I dragged the scrap home, but it is definitely =
>
>The question is, was the Nissan totaled or not. It damn well better have been
>damaged worse than your IH! I feel your loss! Good luck,

Just to chime in...

This is one of the reasons I bought my IHs.. to avoid such unhappy
circumstances of having to overhaul or seek out a new best friend.  I was
crushed when someone destroyed the driver's fender on my '76 Chevy Luv.. for
a short time I had visions of putting a large steel blade on the front, or
an I-beam.. that then progressed to wanting a 3/4Ton Travelall with a large
steel blade on the front...

:-)

Instead I've settled for a pair of Scout IIs which will be receiving some
serious bumper upgrades.  Thus far their sheer bulk (and a few strategically
placed dents) have done a lot to deter accidents.. that nice new Cadillac
that was *thinking* about cutting out in traffic thought twice when they saw
me in a Scout II..

In fact, I had some woman in a mini-van try to edge me out one day.. lucky
for her I didn't have to share any paint with her.. she backed off. :)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs

Is it summer yet?  Sure feels like it around here...