A question for all you engine-smart guys....

Hey, now that I have located turbo equipment, and am planning to buy it, I am
beginning to wonder exactly how to install it. No, no, no, please read on! You
see, the original turbine had fallen out of repair, and was replaced with
another model. It was then rigged up in a blow through configuration. I know
that the turbo unit was originally installed in a draw through configuration,
but I don't quite understand how sucj a configuration would work? I'm assuming
that in this type of setup, the compressed air enters directly into the
manifold. Soooo, how does the carb vaporize the fuel? If this were true, it
would mean that the carb no longer drew air in, right? So how would it
work???? I don't get it? PLease, someone explain it for me..... Thanks!!!!
Devin Smith
'65 Scout 80