Electronic Ignition

Todd

I've installed a complete MSD ignition and new Mallory distributor in my
Scout.  I knew I had an intermittant ignition problem.  Wow! what a
difference.  It starts *much* better and idles much smoother.  I'm not
driving my Scout right now, it's not quite ready for the big inspection.
It usually sits for a week or two between starts.  Frequently long enough
for all the gas to dry out of the carb.  It still starts well, after you
get some gas to the carb.  I'm using a points style dist to trigger the
MSD.  Figure I can always get a points style to work in an emergency.

If you're interested in a Mallory dist, write to me and I'll give you the
part numbers and contact.  Mallory has re-designed the 345 distributor as
a result of my working with their tech rep.  Super people, I highly
recommend them to anyone looking for a dist.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776