Thanks

Dear IH folks,

I just wanted to say thanks for all the good information about drum brakes.
I'm very glad to get the straight facts from someone, even if most of you
are from across the great muddy waters of the Mississippi.  The drums came
off, and only required about 30 minutes each of pounding (I mean POUNDING)
on them with an axe (sorry, couldn't borrow a sledgehammer).
Noone mentioned, however, what happens if you strike a wheel stud.  It flew
back into the housing, leaving me with the feeling I had just destroyed the
axle end! Fortunately, I NOW know that all the studs on my rear axle drive
or press in, and they do not screw in. BTW, I was able to borrow a slide
hammer, and it made a great spacer for reinstalling the studs onto the axle
flanges.

Thanks again,
Denni Feagins