800 body mounts,Scout II ignition modules, binders

I'm not directly replying to questions about these topics in digest #75
; I'm only commenting and venting.
	I have a 1970 800-A with the cab top(ie. pickup style ).
Am I correct in observing that there are NO RUBBER BUSHINGS between
the frame and body mounts?!  That would explain the ride, which I
am learning to appreciate.  Has anyone installed them?  What were
the consequences?
	On electronic ignitions, I had a bad experience with buying one from a
Big A store in Gallipolis, Ohio( near the southeastern tip)
this summer.  I bought their $67 gold box, allegedly made by Standard,
rather than the lifetime warranteed $38  Wells box, sold by AutoZone,
because Big A had it in stock.  After installation, my 1977 Scout
still didn't fire.  I ran some diagnostic tests with a mulimeter, as
prescribed by the shop manual, and found some improvements as compared
with readings from the burnt-out module, so I assumed the pickup coil
was somehow defective( even though it passed a continuity test).
Unfortunately, Big A didn't carry the magnetic pickup for a Prestolite
distributor.  Neither did the (worthless) IH dealer, Steiner's, in
Huntington WV.  Amazingly, AutoZone did carry the pickup coil( made by
Wells and $21) but I waited over 1 week for shipment.  When the
Scout STILL DIDN'T START, I began to suspect the new module. I exchanged
it for another, which did work.  So much for throwing money at a problem
in an effort to save time by buying something in stock.
I probably wasted 2 weeks and ($67-$38 + $21)x1.06 .
	I even have doubts that the gold box was made Standard.  Some of the
Big A employees at their Huntington branch told me that when
Big A took over their store( formerly Parts Plus ), lots of Borg Warner
parts( including ignition modules ) were repackaged in Big A boxes.
They rationalize that this shouldn't matter because Borg Warner is
a "quality brand".  If the box, which states " A Product of Standard
Ignition", contains anyone else's parts, then I consider that to be
FRAUD!!  I can't tell who made their module because there are no
identifying marks on it.  I know Standard does stamp its logo on its
breaker points.  I'm considering writing the president of APS Inc.
in Houston to complain and get reimbursement for the unnecessary
pickup coil, but that might be a waste of time.  Maybe he can also
send me a module that really was made by Standard( if they make
their own modules).
	Last topic:  Why are IH products called "binders"?

P.S.  If President Clinton is sincere about improving the well being of
his constituents, then why doesn't he do something about the
lousy quality of expensive "quality brand" auto parts!!? ;-)

						Alan Horwitz

					1970 800-A ,1977 Scout II
                                        1977 F-250 4x4 Crew Cab,
					no C***ys