I don't get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Scuse me for asking, but what the hell goes on in our heads. I'm sure many
would say the same thing about me, though for opposite reasons, but man,
people are really crazy. Take mufflers for example. Most people buy a cheap
"regular" muffler, meant to deaden noise "pollution". This includes Scouters.
Man, why does everyone like their cars/trucks to be quite? I don't get it. You
feel like your not even driving, just floating along. That's real nice until
you "float" right into a freakin' telephone pole as you drift off to sleep.
And man, Scouters, forget about it man, your Scout will never be quiet...
never. Hell, the door seals don't even work, you know. Don't try to change it
all around. Its part of the whole experience. Still others use those "new
fangled" (I use that phrase, and I'm 16!) "turbo" mufflers. They "increase
horsepower the companies say. First of all, they don't increase horsepower,
they increase efficiency, by decreasing backpressure... there is a big
difference. Second of all, they aren't at all quite, and aren't nearly as
efficient as they could be, so you lose on two counts. Not only that, but they
cost a bundle. This brings me to the third choice, the one that I ultimately
made... buy a glasspack. It jst seems to make sense to me. 1. My truck is
already damn noisy, so noise is no issue 2. It'll keep the fun in driving my
truck (never a dull moment when you see mothers sheilding their baby's
strollers from disaster, or even throwing them out of the way! 3. It's second
only to "wide open" as far as efficiecy. It helps you with you bottom end, and
I'll tell you, that 8-9 h.p. and 10 ft. lbs. of torque I got from switching to
a glasspack and a K&N air filter can really do the trick. That's nothing to
snear at, particularly on a 152! There are expensive head blueprinting jobs
that don't yeild that much of an increase in efficiency. Anyway, that's my 4
cents and a dime.

Oh yeah, and I like the added grunt so much, I put a megaphone exhaust tip on
it. Now I don't usually go for crap like that, but its just the right size so
that it doesn't get in the way, and it adds so much extra bite...

Devin Smith
'65 Scout 80