The light thing

Alternators, etc., aside, let's not forget the #1 cause of 'dim light
syndrome' in older vehicles......lack of adequate ground for the bulb. Even
when new, the old 'through the lamp housing and out the trim and around to
the sheet metal on the front clip which may not even be grounded very well'
ground path is marginal, and corrosion starts immediately where those sheet
metal screws hold the buckets and stuff on. After a while it's amazing the
headlights work at all. A seperate ground wire and a new ground strap to
the front clip will brighten things right up, making a set of cheap halogen
lamps well worth the investment. Now if I could just remember to re-aim the
B pickup, since I put different springs on the back the low beams are more
like fog lights ;).

Jim